Wednesday, November 10, 2004

The Desert

Desert – Melissa Eva Miller That space lit my desert’s light tries to find a space to sit quietly, say its grace. Dropped in from without could one find a trace that would then overcome the seeker; myself understood. I have faith one such traveler would come back weary, burned with lathe to spin me learned. One such man would write pages about what he discovered, would plan to reveal me uncovered. Would they believe or would they lift fists with jealous fury and conceive these chronicles to bury? Lest my dunes be let out to dust over their minds and runes once quiet suddenly shout. For now dear traveler take heed I wish to keep my desert here within my heart’s seed. My face will hide it well instead of reveal too much or still a brew to quell.

No comments: