Thursday, November 11, 2004

Someday My Apartment

Okay, you have to picture a Disney character singing this... SOMEDAY MY APARTMENT Someday I'll have an apartment in the shitty part of town I'll see trash and broken bottles whenever I look down There will be lots of locks on the doors Cracks in the floor for the mice In that shitty apartment complex Won't that be nice? I'll eat Ramen three times a day Chef Boyardee straight from the can With a six-pack of generic beer Won't it be grand? Someday I'll have me a boyfriend who I'll meet in a seedy bar He'll make me pay for my own drinks then grope me in his car And maybe we'll have a baby We can't afford to feed Wouldn't it be wonderful? Wouldn't it, indeed. Life would never be boring Even walking down the street Knowing I could see a drive-by shooting I'd feel so complete In that shitty apartment In that crappy neighborhood It hasn't happened yet But I know inside my heart Yes, I know inside my heart it could. Gwynne Watkins

No comments: