Thursday, November 11, 2004

Meredith's Lullabye for the Country

Come in, close the door tight behind you I can't do much but it's a start I can't promise there's not demons out there But you're safe here inside my heart Let your guard fall down around you I'll give you open hands and dashboard light We'll get up and fight again tomorrow Rest here in my arms tonight I've seen all that they've put up against you But you're not doing this alone Here between the end and the beginning Is the place where I can call you home Let your guard fall down arounnd you I'll give you open hands and dashboard light We'll get up and fight again tomorrow Rest here in my arms tonight I'll smooth your brow with my calloused fingers Untangle all your stomach's knots My arms are stronger than you'd give them credit Let your bruises heal and I'll keep watch Let your guard fall down around you I'll give you open hands and dashboard light We'll get up and fight again tomorrow Rest here in my arms tonight. Meredith Killough

No comments: